Monday, December 24, 2012

The Beach

We will only have one run on the beach this trip - it's a short trip and we're cutting it a little shorter yet in an attempt to get home and unloaded tomorrow (Christmas Day) before any potentially severe weather hits Atlanta.  Since being caught in tornadic weather near St. Louis in May, we are electing to err on the side of caution and head back before the holiday storms that are being predicted hit near home.

Stetson and I got in somewhere between three and four miles this morning on the beach - it was gorgeous to run into the sunrise with my dog.

The following shots were taken when we finished near the boardwalk - so many people come out just to photograph sunrise, it is a worthy reason to set the alarm!

 
 
 





Yesterday Dave and I took the dogs for a long walk on the beach - Maddie was happy to show Stetson what it's all about.  She loves the surf and pulled us until we finally reached the edge of the water.





Dave captured a sweet moment between Stetson and I that pretty much sums up the way I feel about this dog and how grateful I am that he's willing to explore new places and activities with as much enthusiasm as I have.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment