Thursday, January 30, 2014

Fun in the Snow

Ice and snow hit Georgia hard this week, especially the metropolitan Atlanta area.  We had early release from work on Tuesday, and of course the first thing I did when I got home was change into running clothes and pull on my sneakers for a run in the snow with my dog.

It was gorgeous as the flakes floated through the air and clung to his back ahead of me.  He sailed across the icy snow as if he'd been running on it, and with me his whole life.  At times like these, I find it surprising we've only been together thirteen months, we seem like we were made for each other on the road.  A sublime moment between us; dog leading the way across an uncertain surface and his person following along behind, gleefully lost in the moment.  This run ranks as one of my best snow memories, the snow was coming down as heavy as I've seen it fall in the 10 years I've lived here. 



When we finished he had little icy drops hanging off his mouth, but by the time we got inside the house it was pretty much melted from his breath.  The flakes had stuck to his hair, and his coat glistened and sparkled as if he were wearing sequins.




When I'm out with Stetson for a run, my mind is freed of all the hassles of day to day life.  It isn't just a cardio, or a training session for me, it's a soul cleanser.  

No comments:

Post a Comment