Sunday, January 26, 2014

Ten Days After Stem Cell Therapy

Progress continues!  I told Dave today that I've begun to look for Madison in the house because I don't often hear her crashing into the side of her crate when she lays down, nor does she make much vocal noise about it.  Crazy good stuff!

Starting on Friday, she began to get air under her when she launched over the slider door threshold while "launching" onto the patio.  Yesterday evening she began to figure out she's got more power in her rear now and doesn't have to push off so hard.  It is so heartwarming to see her figure out how to use the new her.

Today I let her out off leash in the yard with Stetson for the first time since the procedure.  She really is moving nicely, and at a brisker pace than she was.  The stumbling you notice in the following video resulted from pine cones and sticks...her balance is really good.


Here's the most recent shot of her getting up in her condo after we were gone for a few hours today.  I apologize for the brief moment of frustration when I realized the video had zoomed in on her and didn't capture how easily she got up!  I followed it with her video from before the procedure so you can realize the improvement!

10 Days after Stem Cell Therapy:


Before Stem Cell Therapy:


The following quick video shows her laying down in the Vari Kennel today.  She's easily getting her front end down now and doesn't tumble over now!  Again, I followed today's video (10 days after the stem cell therapy), with the video from before the procedure so you have a comparison.  Amazing difference that makes us so very, very glad we did this for her!

10 Days after Stem Cell Therapy:

Before Stem Cell Therapy:


The surgical incision is healed now and all of her shaved areas are growing new coat.  She seems a little itchy, but this is the first surgical procedure that we have not had to use the "cone of shame" on the dog to keep the dog off the incision while it heals, and we've had lots of spays, neuters...over the past 26 years.


We're only on day 10 after the procedure, statistically we have not peaked to the maximum level of benefit to be expected.  She played with me in the yard this afternoon while I put away the agility equipment after I was finished working with Stetson.  She didn't engage him, it was all about she and I - gotta say, the tears were falling onto my smile.  Love you Sissy, keep on keeping on and we'll always be there to play with you.


December, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment