Sunday, August 25, 2013

Trial Ready

It is done. All that is left this week is to tweak the little things and load the motor coach to go.  Our first agility trial will be a week from today.  Holy smokes, the time has flown!

The following shots were captured from video taken of us on Saturday during a run through at a local club.  He is a delight to work with and I look forward to a long and successful career for us as a team!

Love the attention...

Panel jump to start and off to the chute...
 
 

After the chute, dog walk and a jump it's the table.

 
 
 
 

 
Table, tunnel and 12 weaves - awesome weaves by my guy!
 


The weaves were followed by a jump and the a-frame - what dog doesn't love the contacts :)
 



The lighting is bad, but you can see that I have a competent working dog next to me.  It will take us some time to learn how to work really well together, but wow have we come a long, long, long way in nine months!

We did three run throughs on Saturday.  The first one he had a cute case of the zoomies and I must admit I was strutting my stuff when we left the ring to hear people say things like "he sure was proud of himself!" and "he was really having a good time!!!"  Oh my, if they knew where we began they would have had the same tears as I - he has become confident in my leadership to let me lead him up a set of stairs, into an unknown building with three very loud fans blowing and dogs barking...  Confident enough that he let himself go and had a crazy case of the zoomies during our first run - tunnel, table, tunnel, table, tunnel, a-frame, tunnel, table.. and on it went for a minute or two.  What a dream moment, that is the run I wish I had on video :)

No comments:

Post a Comment