Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Madison's Journal

This journal begins with my 2001 agility goals, written by dog and broken down into the steps necessary to achieve the one big goal per dog.



It lapses, and then is picked back up on Christmas Day, 2007 with the beginning of a run log with each of the three girls (Nakeeta, Maddie and Mira).  Included are mileage per dog, weather conditions, how I felt, how each dog handled and the total time spent on the road  I forgot that I left the dogs and all I worked years toward when Magic left in 2007.  Running is how I began to slowly climb out of denial and anger.  The pavement has been my healer and my soul cleanser ever since.

Mira passing suddenly in 2012 forced me back into the depths of sudden loss and all the anger and fear that go alongside.  I knew I could not let another piece of my soul lapse the way it did with Magic's sudden death.  So begins my life with a black and white tri Australian Shepherd.  Stetson has brought me back to whole, to yearning to be the best I and we can be, back to curious dabbles into everything dog.

Today I began a daily entry of Madison's world.  I want to capture all of this that we have with her.  And reading back over the past years I know I will be forever grateful that I did so, come some hopefully distant gray and somber day... Reading our goals from yesterday has helped me melt away the moans and whining of the years that have gathered upon us today.  It has been a good day, and the read has been both amusing and heart lifting.

Trophy Wall from 2004

Sweetness

No comments:

Post a Comment