Monday, September 1, 2014

Edge Arrives

Over the 4th of July, we spent a couple of days in St. Louis with some of our best friends.  They are agility and dog sport people.  We were interacting with folks who share my love of dog sports and sharing memories and hearing stories for two days, including an evening cook out with about 15 other dog sport enthusiasts (obedience and agility both).  And it struck, agility fever that is.

Not long after we came back home, I discovered through a close mutual friend, that Amy Burnett of Coolmoor Australian Shepherds had a really nice working puppy returned to her that was from a litter I'd been exposed to and I knew I liked.  Somehow, I knew I had to have him before I ever laid eyes on him.  I made arrangements to meet "Edge" pretty quickly after and it didn't take him but a minute to decide that I was the bees knees.  The mutual bond was immediate.

Immediate Love


God love a good dog person, Amy wasn't intending to sell Edge, but she decided we could make something work out and a week later he came home to live with us.  I am in heaven.



He's been here for about 5 weeks now and his little personality is pure joy.  He only knows happy and draws you into his energy instantly when you make eye contact with him.



He has already taken an overnight trip in the RV, begun strength training on the peanut and other exercises, rear end awareness work, carries the dumbbell around, has begun to bring toys back to me to interact with him and much, much more.  I love the way his brain works.  His enthusiasm is endless.




Dave has taken to him more quickly than any other dog and I'm really grateful for that.  His heart has been so wrapped around Madison for all these years, I wasn't entirely sure if we maybe weren't making our hearts and home open to another too soon.


Stetson enjoys having the companionship, although he is not always thrilled with the puppy obnoxiousness.  They are becoming good buds.


No comments:

Post a Comment