Monday, November 12, 2012

Stretching My Dog

I meant to post this two weeks ago and the time has gotten away from me.  Not all for the good, but nonetheless, the time has gone by.  I have stretched my dogs for many years before and after agility runs and post road/trail runs.  I thought something was lacking, so I enlisted the assistance of the professionals who care for my dogs medically and they helped me learn to stretch them one joint at a time.  Okay, honestly I stretched Mira - Maddie I hold a foot and if it goes well, I reward her...we'll get there eventually :)





Beginning with the toes, we stretched each one gently and move up the leg; at this point I am working on her shoulder


Having finished the front leg, I've begun the toes on the rear; she's relaxed and very happy!

 

Remember when you are stretching yourself after a workout, your dogs need the same opportunity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment